I’m working tomorrow (6am-6pm), so I really should just be in bed sleeping right now, but I decided to post this blog entry instead. You should feel so loved.
Interesting tid bit of information –> Apparently we’re losing our ability to read. OK, that’s an exaggeration, but this is a cool article about how the internet is affecting our brains. (It’s from last year, but it was on my mind today)
I wasn’t going to post about yesterday’s lunch, but it was so delicious that I felt the urge to share a photo:
|pb & pear sandwich w/roasted brussel sprouts & carrots (w/garlic, rosemary, & thyme)|
Now down my great kitchen experiment. It actually turned out to be pretty darn good! I think that in the future I might play around with upping the spice and/or adding tomatoes, but it was definitely a good recipe as is. So, without further ado I give you…
Ingredients–> Stir Fry
– cooking spray
– 1 container extra-firm tofu, chopped into bite-sized squares
– Extra-virgin olive oil (enough to cook your veggies)
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 red onion, chopped
– 1/3 head red cabbage, shredded/chopped
– 3 carrots, chopped
– 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
1. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until golden on all sides. Remove tofu from pan and set aside for later.
2. Get all your vegetables nice and chopped. I ended up putting them all in a large bowl because I was running out of space on my cutting board. Heat oil in large skillet (I used nonstick) over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook until crisp-tender. I ended up having to do two “loads” because I had so many veggies!
3. Mix tofu and sauce into the cooked vegetables. (I put everything in the same large bowl form earlier and stirred it up)
And you’re done!
I ate my serving with chopsticks just because I love them so much. It doesn’t look the prettiest, but I assure you it was a kitchen success. (My boyfriend even said so)
OK, I think it’s bed time. I’ll likely post about today tomorrow just to keep my living-in-the-past status going.